The Los Angeles father and husband who earlier this month opened fire on armed intruders who ran up on him from behind — right at the front door of his home — said his concealed carry permit was taken from him in the wake of the headline-grabbing incident.
“After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],” Vince Ricci said in an
NRA video released Friday.
told Fox News that the sheriff’s office told him Thursday morning that his concealed carry permit was “revoked,” and the cable network added that Ricci indicated the reason was him “yelling” at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident.
More from Fox News:
Ricci previously railed that the LAPD — the department investigating the case — carried out “sloppy police” work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on the matter, and it is unclear if other factors played a role in the homeowner losing his concealed carry permit.
What’s the background?
Surveillance video shows Ricci, beverage in hand, walking toward his front door as his driveway gate closes around 7:30 p.m. Nov. 4. A pair of crooks are soon seen in the video scaling the wall next to the gate. One of them hung back a tad while the other — a hooded individual with gun — followed Ricci’s path, and the front-door surveillance camera recorded the intruder running up on Ricci.
But video shows Ricci react in an instant, first by tossing his tea at the intruder and then pulling his gun and opening fire. The pair of intruders made it back into the driveway — one fired shots back toward Ricci — and they jumped over the wall and run off into the night.
LA homeowner fights back against armed intrudersyoutu.be
Fox News said California law allows legal U.S. residents over the age of 18 to carry firearms on private property and residences without a permit or license — and since the shooting took place on Ricci’s property, it would seem to call into question any decision to take away his concealed carry permit.
The NRA told the cable network the revocation of Ricci’s CCW is “reprehensible.”
“His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day,” NRA spokesperson Billy McLaughlin said in a statement, according to Fox News. “It’s reprehensible that California is shredding his Second Amendment rights after he defended his family. Governor [Gavin] Newsom and [Los Angeles County District Attorney George] Gascon’s pro-criminal policies have transformed Los Angeles and the wider state into what resembles a war zone. The NRA stands with Vince and every responsible gun owner in California, firmly committed to defending their rights to protect their families and communities.”
Ricci previously called out California politicians who punish “the wrong people.”
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!