LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Vince Ricci, entrepreneur and an LA homeowner, has claimed in a video for the National Rifle Association, that his concealed carry license was revoked after he pulled a gun on two masked intruders when they tried to break into his $2 million house.
“After successfully defending my home and my family and my five-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment (rights),” he said.
Speaking with Fox News, Ricci said that he was called by the sheriff’s office on November 16 and informed of the revocation of the permit, which was due to him “yelling” at LAPD officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident.
The CEO of a photo studio had previously slammed officers for “sloppy police work,” including their alleged negligence in picking up casings scattered near his home as evidence.
When was Vince Ricci attacked?
When Ricci was returning home from the gym on November 4, two armed men jumped his fence and tried to force their way into his house, reported the Daily Mail.
Inside the home was Ricci’s wife, their five-month-old child, and the nanny.
Footage of the gunfight showed one of the masked assailants approaching Ricci at about 7.30 pm. In an attempt to defend himself and his family, Ricci swiftly reached for his gun and engaged the intruders in a shootout.
“My situation is unique because it happened at my front door, all on camera. But this happens time and time again all over the country. People sweep it under the rug because it doesn’t behoove their political agenda. The fact is, evil will always exist,” said Ricci.
The NRA stands with Vince Ricci
Billy McLaughlin, a spokesperson for the organization, reportedly told Fox News that they are “proud to have Vince as a fellow NRA member” and that they find it “reprehensible” that his permit is being revoked.
“His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day. It’s reprehensible that California is shredding his Second Amendment rights after he defended his family,” he said.
Blaming the policies of California Governor Gavin Newsom and the Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon for turning the region into “a war zone,” McLaughlin added, “The NRA stands with Vince and every responsible gun owner in California, firmly committed to defending their rights to protect their families and communities.”
More from MEAWW